all contents are posted by www.foreverloveTVB.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Queens of Diamond and Hearts - overview

Series: Queens of Diamond and Hearts
Eps: 25
Broadcast line: TVB
Main Leads: Roger Kwok, Fala Chen, Sharon Chan
Producer: Wong Wai Sing
Scriptwriters: Wong Kwok Fai
Thoughts:
 
I actually don't really know what to say about this series. I think its just alright and not a series that you have to watch. It's a very simple and easy go type of series. I have mixed feelings with the series but I won't say its a horrible series. The series is simply just alright not too much and well maybe you will get bored of it in the middle. (I did that is why it took me so long to finish it -.- lol.) Aside from being boring and pointless of this series, it gives off another great lesson. The theme from the series is "Beauty from the Heart is more important than Beauty from the outside." Inner beauty is greater than outer beauty. 
I have to say that I like the costumes very much. Queens of Diamond and Hearts is taken place in one of the earliest kingdom in China. The costumes were really pretty and simple. Nothing too fancy but, I have to say Sharon's clothes was too much. I didn't think that costume was part of that time period. So I was bit confuse why she is wearing a different style than Fala and others. I also love the accessories and the style of the hair. It was so simple and beautiful reminded me of Step into the Past. The princess there had a very simple outfit like the two Empress in Queens of Diamond and Hearts. One thing I like about the earliest kingdom is that everything was so simple and pretty.

At first I thought the series was only going to base on comedy. Everyone loves everyone and there will be no backstabbing and trying to raise to the top. But, I was wrong. I guess in all Royal Courts series, there will always be fights and backstabbing. Basically the whole series was about Ben's character try to rule the kingdom but each time it fell because of Fala. Sharon was quite annoying, I don't know what she wants. This minute she was all nice to Fala and the next she is mean. And her family, omg they were so annoying and hated their part so much. What I liked was that Fala and Roger slowly liking each other and finally Roger saw the beauty from Fala. He finally realize that inner beauty is much important than outer beauty. When the soul were switch we get to see the serious Roger trying to rule the country. On the other hand, Roger can finally see the difference from Sharon and Fala when their soul were switched. Another thing I have to say was Yoyo's character. What is her problem and what is her part of the series? I felt like she is nothing but just to be there and look pretty and be the Prince's wife. I don't know what was her problem, this minute she is helping Sharon the next minute she was helping Fala. 

Basically, I really have nothing to say about this series. The other casts were pretty funny and the series gives you laughs here and there. Koni really stood out because she is way too tall for an ancient series. I believe this was her first ancient series. I hated how Sharon and Roger didn't believe Fala and Roger sentence her to death. And I have no idea how you can forgive someone just because a tattoo? I guess, Fala can forgive him because she loved him too much and when she saw the tattoo she was happy. 

So basically guys, Inner Beauty is Much Important than Outer Beauty. Beauty will fade in time but the beauty coming from the heart will forever remain. 

Recommend? 
It's alright. Give it a go if you have time. 
Rate
4/5

No comments: