all contents are posted by www.foreverloveTVB.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 27, 2013

TVB 2012 Awards thoughts...

I just want to make a little comment to the 2012 TVB Awards. During this whole hype awards season, I was on hiatus so I really didn't care much about it. Well, truthfully, I actually really didn't care in general :P I don't know why, but I didn't care much about 2011 Awards either. I guess I really didn't care after the 2010 Awards. Everything just went downhill? Haha..

I just felt like no other Actress or Actors really fit the 'Best Actors and Actress' title. But, I am happy for Myolie and Kevin for winning the 2011 title. And of course I am very happy and proud for Tavia for winning the 2012 title. She does deserve it this year!

I want to make a few comments on the awards... (its my own opinion. You do not have to agree.)

Best Series was given to When Heaven Burns. Well, I was really shocked to hear that WHB had won this award. I really had high hopes for On Call 36 to win. I thought to myself, "huh how did WHB win the award? Was there a mistake? Didn't the series got the second to lowest rating? Didn't Hong Kong citizens complained about the whole series?" But I did give it a slight and deeper thoughts and I am actually happy that it had gotten the best series award. Because WHB does deserve this award.

WHB has a totally different feel to it. It definitely have a amazing cast! The genre, the feel, the lighting, editing, script, everything was different. It wasn't a normal 'TVB Series' it felt like it was grander. It was something you will feel in a Hollywood movie. WHB will be a series that you might see in Hollywood. (well i'm not so sure about that, but you know what I mean?) WHB is just different and I am happy that it got its recognition. Okay, I really didn't finish watching it, but I might go back and re-watch it. I left off in eps 3? I don't even know...hahaha. I do think that if WHB were ever to be aired in Hollywood, I think it will get the Grammy Award.

My Favorite TV Male Character Award went home with Kenneth Ma. Yes boy, you deserve this award big time! Ya Kin Tou was a big hit! It was his character! It was his chance! But if he can with Best Actor with this award will be even better! ;) Yat Kin Tou really deserve this award! Kenneth really bought out the life of his character and it was an amazing job well done! Oh, his character was so memorable, no, the Series in general was! (I still need to make that review -.-) So proud! :)

Once again Wayne Lai took home the Best Actor Award! I did not watch The Confidant (jk, I saw up to eps 5?). Well, I didn't watch all of it to make my opinion for his win. But, I can say that he definitely did an amazing job like always! Wayne is a super super talented actor and I am happy that he got the award again! And getting his recognition again! He really deserve everything! I remember his piggy role in Journey to the West 1996 & 1998 TVB. It was amazing and adorable and cute. I was watching the 1996 version recently, but I couldn't watch it anymore cause Youtube only had 12 episodes! :[ (Does anyone know where I can watch it in Canto?)

Truthfully, I really didn't watch enough 2012 series to make my comment on who should win TV King. I was actually going to vote for Kenneth! I mean, he did an amazing job in On Call! But, I know its a bit too early for him to win. Maybe next year or the year after that? Hmm, yes, I did watch High and Lows and I thought Raymond did a nice job. And of course I heard, he was really hot to win Best Actor. But, truthfully, is it really his year? Maybe next year? I don't think TVB will give him the award before Moses :P I was definitely really stump upon choosing the Best Actor. I really have no clue who to vote for, but I guess if you can't vote for anyone, vote for Wayne Lai! I felt like that is what TVB was doing. They didn't know who to give it to so mind as well give it to him. Lol. Okay, I know, it was that one vote thingy. But behind the doors, do you really think it was One Vote for all ;P

The post is getting long so I'll continue in the next post! 

No comments: